Re: Euro PG conference?

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Jean-Christophe Arnu" <jcarnu(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Petr Jelinek" <pjmodos(at)pjmodos(dot)net>, "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Hans-Juergen Schoenig" <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <andreas(at)scherbaum(dot)la>
Subject: Re: Euro PG conference?
Date: 2007-10-10 07:59:08
Lists: pgeu-general

Le mardi 9 octobre 2007, Jean-Christophe Arnu a écrit :
> > O.k. but hold on, don't we have fairly significant resources not only
> > in Italy but also Germany and France?
>
> There is :)
>
> > Paris may be expensive, but what about towns that are 45 minutes from
> > Paris?
>
> <Two_cents>
> By plane or so?
> If you mean, I think it would be possible to organize things in
> Toulouse (Look at south and near Pyrenées). There is enough people
> (including university and industrie (EADS/Airbus/French Meteo
> Services/French and European Space Agency), local and national
> representants for free software and PG).

It's a good idea, there are intensive users of Postgres here in Toulouse. But
I am not sure it will possible to get rooms (note jca: I think at UPS or
other university) for this year (2008).

About pricing, Toulouse is as every where in France, but plane is very low
cost (frequently less than train). Getting conference rooms for free and
sponsorship seems possible.

I don't care where next conf will be. Just choosing a place where postgres
people live look better.

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données