Re: Another small patch...

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Another small patch...
Date: 2007-10-06 17:58:13
Lists: pgsql-docs

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> > ... this time, for maintenance.sgml.
>
> Applied, thanks. I'm wondering whether this should be
>
> <para>
> ! <productname>PostgreSQL</productname>'s
> ! <xref linkend="sql-vacuum" endterm="sql-vacuum-title"> command has to run on
> ! a regular basis for several reasons:
>
> instead. I didn't try to compile it so maybe the output is not OK.

OK, I need opinions on this issue. We currently have output that looks
like

"PostgreSQL's Vacuum (/Section 10.4.2/) command has to run ..."
(the part between // is a clickable link)

but with the patch above, it would show up as
"PostgreSQL's /Vacuum/ command has to run ..."

Is there a preferred way to link? I notice there is plenty of usage of
both forms.

I wonder what does printed output look like? Does it just just lose the
reference?

--
Alvaro Herrera Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
Al principio era UNIX, y UNIX habló y dijo: "Hello world\n".