Re: Not *quite* there on ecpg fixes

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Not *quite* there on ecpg fixes
Date: 2007-10-05 17:41:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 02:12:14PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I see that libpq manufactures three different .def files, whereas the
> ecpg code is only making two. Is this OK or an oversight? I'm not

Not knowing what the third one is for I deliberately created only two.
If there is a reason for the 3rd I'lö surely add it.

> clear on the reason for the two different "MSVC" .def files in libpq.
>
> Also, do we actually care about supporting Borland builds of ecpg ---
> maybe we don't need the 'b' versions for ecpg?

Fine with me. Do we need it in libpq? Or else we could remove if
everywhere. Maybe someone's working on it.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org