Re: What SQL is running against my DB?

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What SQL is running against my DB?
Date: 2007-10-04 18:18:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tore Lukashaugen <tore(at)lukashaugen(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk> schrieb:

> Hello all,
>
> I have an application running against my postgres 8.2 database (on Windows
> Vista) for which I do not have access to the source code.
>
> I would like to know what SQL statements are being executed by the
> application. Is there a way to turn on logging in the server so that obtain
> this information?

Yes, of course. You can set in your postgresql.conf:

log_statement = 'all'

to log all statements. Read this file for more details, it is well
documented.

Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknow)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°