Re: BUG #3648: Server crashes when trying to create a table

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Anton A(dot) Patrushev" <anton(at)orkney(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3648: Server crashes when trying to create a table
Date: 2007-10-04 02:41:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Anton A. Patrushev wrote:
> Hi Alvaro,
>
> In the function I'm trying to drop this table if it already exists:
>
> BEGIN
>
> DROP TABLE vertices_tmp;
> EXCEPTION
> WHEN UNDEFINED_TABLE THEN
> END;
>
> CREATE TABLE vertices_tmp ( id serial );

It still works for me. Can you try my function on your system? Does it
crash?

create or replace function test_anton() returns void language plpgsql
as $$
begin
begin
drop table anton;
exception
when undefined_table then
end;
create table anton(a serial);
end; $$;

--
Alvaro Herrera Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"Digital and video cameras have this adjustment and film cameras don't for the