Re: Change the name

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Change the name
Date: 2007-09-14 18:32:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-de-allgemein

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >> Amend FAQ... that's all.
> >>
> >> Most people use it anyway ;)
> >
> > Is this something we can do now, no matter the outcome of the discussion?
> >

> Why not? I have zero problem with the FAQ amendment I suggested.
>
> Q. What is the official name of the project?
> A. PostgreSQL, but we accept Postgres as an official shortened version.
>
> I have not seen a single argument against the above and it has been
> mentioned by other people (although the wording my be slightly different).

OK, FAQ wording updated from:

! <P>PostgreSQL is pronounced <I>Post-Gres-Q-L</I>, and is also sometimes
! referred to as just <I>Postgres</I>. An audio file is available in

to:

! <P>PostgreSQL is pronounced <I>Post-Gres-Q-L</I>, but can also be
! referred to as simply <I>Postgres</I>. An audio file is available in