Re: PGDay 2008

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGDay 2008
Date: 2007-09-13 22:54:06
Lists: pgeu-general
On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 02:23:17PM +0200, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> On Thursday 6 September 2007 Chris Mair's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
>
> >  > By the way: we don't even have achived all topics from PGDay 2007 in
> >  > Prato, especially we still don't have a legal organization for EU.
> >
> > Yeah, that's a another puzzle to solve...
>
> I guess we should first of all come up with an eu staff, before talking about
> pgday08. I don't say here to discard the whole idea of the pgday08, but
> simply to focus on what is maybe more important now: the eu group.

I disagree. We really should come up with an staff (Damien, your
proposed mail?) but we also should start preparations for the imho 2 big
events next year: FOSDEM and PGDay 2008.

If we wait until we have a staff in place, it's really too late.

So, speaking about events, the location for FOSDEM is fix. But we need
to decide between Vienna and Prato for PGDay (or whatever we name the
event) 2008. Susanne and Hans told us that Vienna can be a good place
and we can get a lot of support.

So i vote for:

[X] Vienna

Bye