Re: Drupal wants a PostgreSQL maintainer

From: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Drupal wants a PostgreSQL maintainer
Date: 2007-09-04 22:10:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> All,
>
> Apparently some developers of Drupal are advocating for going MySQL-only
> because they haven't had a reliable PostgreSQL mainainer in some time:
> http://www.drupal4hu.com/node/64
>
> Surely there's someone in our community who uses Drupal and could give them
> a hand?

Well, if they stop supporting PostgreSQL, I'll stop using Drupal.

Unfortunately, I can't dedicate much time to testing, but I can probably
put some in.

> This seems to be part of a disturbing trend in which the size of the
> PostgreSQL+PHP community is shrinking and not growing. We also need PHP
> driver maintainers and other projects.

Huh? What's wrong with the PHP drivers? Please point me to specifics
and I'll try to jump in and help out. I've been through the PHP driver
code enough times that I should be able to make some sort of difference.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com