Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fal l 2007)

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fal l 2007)
Date: 2007-08-30 19:08:41
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thursday 30 August 2007 14:22, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

Slightly.... Dan was well known in the community and had a well known list of
community members on his organizing committee, yet that was not seen as an
official conference as far as pgdg was concerned, so I'd guess the "official"
answer to her questions would be:

The postgresql project does not run/endorse/promote any specific conference as
an official postgresql conference, despite any claims from promoters to the
contrary. Similar to training and certification, there are many 3rd parties
that offer these services; we recommend you evaluate them on thier own
merits.

--
Robert Treat