Re: {Spam} pgloader - Can't find textreader/csvreader

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Ow Mun Heng <Ow(dot)Mun(dot)Heng(at)wdc(dot)com>
Subject: Re: {Spam} pgloader - Can't find textreader/csvreader
Date: 2007-08-27 10:22:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Le lundi 27 août 2007, Ow Mun Heng a écrit :
> I'm trying to see if pgloader will make my work easier for bulkloads.
> I'm testing it out and I'm stucked basically because it can't find the
> module TextReader or CSVreader.
>
> Googling doesn't help as there seems to be no reference to a module
> named textreader or csvreader.

It's a pgloader provided module, and the error arise because I forgot to make
sure you can use pgloader without installing it properly in the system.
The only installation supported now is via the debian package, if you're using
debian either use the .deb provided on pgfoundry or issue a debuild command.

You can also tweak the makefile to add some mkdir -p commands before it
installs files in non-existing directories, too, and then install pgloader
with make install. (debian packaging cares about system dirs, hence not the
provided makefile)

I'll see about having pgloader usable without any system-wide installation...

Regards,
--
dim