gborg abandoned projects

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: gborg abandoned projects
Date: 2007-08-25 17:32:05
Lists: pgsql-www

Howdy folks,

We're still moving forward on plans to shut down gborg, and things are
progressing slowly but surely. At this point I need to bring up the list of
abandoned projects. Some of these projects I got no response from when
trying to contact them, some I got bounces, so thier project owners may not
be aware of whats going on. I plan to send a copy of this list of projects
to both announce and general, to give any users a chance to claim a project
as one they actually use. However, I suspect even then some projects will
get no takers, so we need to decide what to do with those projects. We have
a couple of options as I see them:

1) Let the projects go the way of the dino's. If we have a copy of the server,
we'd have the ability to retrieve the code should a need come up, but
otherwise we'd be removing stuff no one seems to care about.

2) Push all the projects to pgfoundry. This would allow easy access to the
code should someone want it, and also would provide some type of historical
record in case someone is researching a topic within the pg sphere.

Anyone have a strong preference? Also does the specifics of the projects in
question matter? If so I can produce a list for everyone.

--
Robert Treat