Re: change name of redirect_stderr?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: change name of redirect_stderr?
Date: 2007-08-14 17:07:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The problem here is that "log" seems to be a verb in "log_collector"
> which is what makes it confusing. So we need another verb to make it
> clear that "log" is not one. This is not a problem with "autovacuum"
> because that one cannot be confused with a verb.
>
> start_log_collector still gets my vote.

I vote against. Remember that some people look at the GUCs in alpha order
from pg_settings. As such, if we're changing GUC names it ought to be in a
way that groups logically if we can.

log_collector_enable or log_collector_start or even log_redirect. But
something with log_*

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun