how to moce back in refcursor

From: "Christian Kindler" <christian(dot)kindler(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to moce back in refcursor
Date: 2007-08-13 19:29:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi

I have never worked with cursors but for now I have to step back on special events to calculate a difference. So I have this sample code tested but I can not "move" in my cursor. I have lokke at docs but this didn't help me. Can you say how to declare my cursor to step back?

Thank You
Chris

PS code sample
create table fimi.eodbar(fi_id int8, market_id int8);
insert into fimi.eodbar values(322,200);

create or replace function fimi.test("fiid" int8) returns setof int as
$BODY$
DECLARE
cur1 REFCURSOR;
foo int;

BEGIN
OPEN cur1 FOR execute('select market_id from fimi.eodbar where fi_id=' || "fiid");

loop
fetch cur1 into foo;

if not found then
exit ;
else
-- move -1 in cur1;
fetch cur1 into foo;
return next foo;
end if;

end loop;
close cur1;

END;
$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
ALTER FUNCTION fimi.getfoo(bpchar) OWNER TO fimi;

select * from fimi.test(322);
--
cu
Chris