Re: posgres tunning

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Arnaldo Gandol <agacode(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: posgres tunning
Date: 2007-07-22 03:47:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 09:54:35PM -0500, Arnaldo Gandol wrote:
> I have a drupal site working with postgres that does not tolerate more
> than 200 concurrent connections(it is not hardware fault).

What does "not tolerate" mean? Does the database refuse connections
beyond 200? Does it permit connections but performance suffers? Or
something else?

> Does anybody know how to adjust postgres parameters and what are them?,
> or how to get a better performance in any way?

We'll need to know more about the nature of the problem before we
can make recommendations. For configuration guidelines see the
performance-related documents at Power PostgreSQL:

http://www.powerpostgresql.com/Docs

--
Michael Fuhr