Re: Re: [Oledb-dev] double precision error with pg linux server, but not with windows pg server

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Shachar Shemesh <shachar(at)shemesh(dot)biz>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, oledb-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [Oledb-dev] double precision error with pg linux server, but not with windows pg server
Date: 2007-06-18 14:30:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am Dienstag, 22. Mai 2007 05:58 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Okay, I spent some time googling this question, and I can't find any
> suggestion that any ARM variant uses non-IEEE-compliant float format.

Some news I'm picking up at DebConf is that the existing Debian "arm" port
will be replaced by a new "armel" port with a new ABI that has, among other
things, the effect that the double format ceases to be "completely different
from everyone else". So the problem under discussion here will probably go
away soon.

--
Peter Eisentraut