tsearch2() trigger and domain types...

From: "Michael D(dot) Stemle, Jr(dot)" <manchicken(at)notsosoft(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tsearch2() trigger and domain types...
Date: 2007-06-18 21:09:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

Okay, so I have an interesting problem that I'm having a hard time figuring
out.

For standardization in my database I use a domain (login_t) for my login
column in my profile table. I'm trying to use the tsearch2() trigger to
index several columns, including the login column, into a column
called "search_index."

So I added the trigger as attached with the hope that it would do just that.

Well, here's what I get upon every update and insert to the profile table:
WARNING: TSearch: 'login' is not of character type

I've tried casting and such, but nothing seems to work. Anybody got any
ideas? Thanks in advance.

--
~ Michael D. Stemle, Jr. <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer

Attachment Content-Type Size
tgr_profile_search_index-on-public_profile_DDL.sql text/plain 440 bytes