Re: killing gborg - devision of labor

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: killing gborg - devision of labor
Date: 2007-06-12 17:16:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Chris,

> I was reviewing the conversion script that was created and it only
> does the project and bugs. Nothing else was ever written to convert the
> rest of the information. Is there a feel yet for what projects are
> willing to leave behind and what they won't. In the past most of the
> projects that wanted to move and have done so already were happy with
> CVS. I don't know if that is the case though as for the remaining
> projects.

Also, note that I last synchronized users over a year ago, so any new users in
Gborg since then will need to be added *under the same ids* to pgfoundry for
the scripts to work. The ids have an offset to prevent overlap.

Complicating this is that some users may have been added under the same names
in both systems with different user ids. We'll have to come up with a script
to fix this.

As for CVS vs. SVN, I think we should worry about SVN support after we get
Gborg shut down and pgFoundry moved to a new server.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun