opclass for real[]

From: ABHANG RANE <arane(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: opclass for real[]
Date: 2007-05-29 16:42:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have a column real[] in my table. I need to create a gist index on
it. But the error is obvious as follows.

ERROR: data type real[] has no default operator class for access
method "gist"
HINT: You must specify an operator class for the index or define a
default operator class for the data type.

Is there a opclass defined in 8.2 or I have to create one. In either
case can you please give a link for information on opclasses.

Thanks
Abhang