HP/Pgsql/DBD::Pg issue

From: "Ed L(dot)" <pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: HP/Pgsql/DBD::Pg issue
Date: 2007-04-26 14:50:07
Lists: pgsql-general

After a reboot (and usually after an OS patch) on our HP-UX 11.23
64-bit Itanium DB servers, our libpq/DBD::Pg libraries cease to
work. Instead, they give the standard message you get when the
DB cluster is not running. But we *know* it is running and all
access paths are working. We have found a workaround by
switching from 64-bit perl to 32-bit perl, build a 32-bit pgsql,
and rebuild the perl DBD module using 32-bit perl and linking
with the 32-bit pgsql. But the fact we're having to do that is
a problem for us.

I don't understand this problem and am at a loss as to where to
look. Any ideas?

TIA.

Ed