Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists
Date: 2007-04-11 05:57:46
Lists: pgsql-www

> I thought we had things set up so that there were multiple people
> moderating the postgres mail lists, but it seems like the average time
> to approve postings from unsubscribed folk has slid back down to the
> two-or-three-day range :-(. What can be done to improve that? Maybe
> recruit a few more moderators?

I also think we have different sets of moderators for different lists, because some seen to have better response times. But I could be mistaken on that since
I've made no actual check on that ;) I've asked for a list of who moderates what to be documented somewhere, but nothing yet. That would be a good starting
point to see if we need more moderators.

I've also had a commit message moderated because it contained the c word that is in c-handler. Apart from having that approved, I think that specific check is
stupid and should be removed. If possible, all checks on commit messages should be excluded.

/Magnus