Re: How to determine which indexes are not using or using seldom in database

From: Thomas Pundt <mlists(at)rp-online(dot)de>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Denis Lishtovny" <d(dot)lishtovny(at)chronopay(dot)com>
Subject: Re: How to determine which indexes are not using or using seldom in database
Date: 2007-04-02 08:45:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

On Monday 02 April 2007 10:12, Denis Lishtovny wrote:
| I have a lot of tables and indexes in database. I must to determine which
| indexes are not using or using seldon in databese . I enabled all posible
| statistics in config but a can`t uderstand how to do this.
| Thanks.

Try "select * from pg_stat_user_indexes;" - that should give you a good start
to look at.

| p.s for example i need this to reduce database size for increase backup and
| restore speed.

Deleting indexes won't reduce backup size noticeably (but has impact on
restore speed), if you use pg_dump for backup.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <thomas(dot)pundt(at)rp-online(dot)de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----