BUG #3180: Postmaster Services

From: "Sudarshan V Tantry" <sudarshantantry(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3180: Postmaster Services
Date: 2007-03-21 08:02:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3180
Logged by: Sudarshan V Tantry
Email address: sudarshantantry(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 7.3.8.2
Operating system: windows
Details:

The Postmaster service(postgres login) installed so as to connect to the
local mail store for a messaging client application stops automatically when
the computer is restarted.So we have to start postmaster service manually
for logging into the messaging client application.
Sometimes we cant even start postmaster services for it displays error:"The
postmaster service on local computer started and then stopped.Some services
stop automatically if they have no work to do,for example,
postmaster logs and Alerts servics".

CYGWIN is being used for the compatibility of postmaster with windows.Please
get me a solution as soon as possible.