BUG #3087: Endiannes, of all things

From: "Michael Witten" <mfwitten(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3087: Endiannes, of all things
Date: 2007-02-28 08:26:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3087
Logged by: Michael Witten
Email address: mfwitten(at)mit(dot)edu
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.3
Operating system: Mac OS X 10.4.8
Details:

I'm in a relatively foul mood, but I'll keep the quips to myself.

I wanted an easy time of it, so I copied a cluster from my PowerBook G4 to
an x86 Linux box.

Lo!
The database cluster was initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 906166272, but
the server was compiled with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 822.

NUXI? yes

Now I have to issues all of these commands and follow all of these protocols
when a simple copy should have done the trick.

For shame....