Re: SCMS question

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SCMS question
Date: 2007-02-23 15:30:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Thursday 22 February 2007 20:39, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > Git is also pretty cool, too. You can even present a CVS interface on a
> > > git repository. That might address the build farm issue.
> >
> > But it wasn't portable, last time I checked.
>
> Git is in the FreeBSD ports. The cvs gateway server comes with it AFAIK.

Sorry, I mean Windows. We're taken pains to ensure Postgres runs on
Windows, we're not going to abandon that platform now.

And there's a lot of platforms on which we'd have to make sure Monotone
also runs on. Our buildfarm currently has
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl

NetBSD
OpenBSD
FreeBSD
Max OS X
Tru64 5.0 (cc V6.1-011, on alpha)
AIX 5.2 (on powerpc)
Solaris 10
UnixWare 7.1.4 (cc 4.2, on "isa", whatever that is)
Cygwin
Native Windows: XP, 2000, 2003
Several flavors of Linux

Probably all those that can run GCC will have no problem with Monotone.
But what about the AIX, Tru64, Unixware entries? Do they even have C++
compilers?

I don't think Git runs on all these.

It's not on the buildfarm but HP-UX is also used.