How to coordinate web team for security releases?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to coordinate web team for security releases?
Date: 2007-02-05 19:28:13
Lists: pgsql-www

WWW core team,

I need a way to coordinate with you around preparing postgresql.org for
upcoming releases, especially for security releases where it's critical that
the timing be tight. Due to some issues with this last release, pgsql-www
obviously isn't the right venue.

What I need is a non-public list for this, so that I can ask for web site
changes 3-4 days ahead without it becoming a news item.

I can think of two means:

1) I'm about to create a "contacts" ML for the regional contacts and
regionalized website maintainers to give them advanced but non-public notice
of upcoming releases in the future. Magnus, Robert, Devrim, etc. could be
subscribded to that; in fact, Magnus and Devrim will be as RCs.

2) I could sent it to slaves-to-the-www.

3) Something else.

Thoughts?

--