Re: blobs

From: Steve Holdoway <steve(dot)holdoway(at)firetrust(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: blobs
Date: 2007-02-04 21:48:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 23:04:57 -0500
"Chad Wagner" <chad(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I have plenty of experience building large distributed OLTP systems and
> multi terabyte data warehouses, so you can either take the advice or leave
> it.

Me too, since Oracle 6, Informix and Ingres in the late 80's until today. What I don't have experience of, and what you omitted from this informative post are expeciences of postgres 8.x's handling of blobs - the question I asked - rather than the effect of using text columns which is a different question altogether.

Steve