Re: Email issues unanswered

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Email issues unanswered
Date: 2007-01-30 13:01:57
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 06:36:55PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Looks like something has add a carriage return at the end of PostgreSQL, which
> > breaks the RFC ... if it was all one line (as per the RFC quote that Andrew
>
> Yes, my emaler does that, but see below on the RFC issue.

So long as it leaves the white space after the CRLF, it's legit. If
there is no white space following the CRLF, then it'll break.

In other words, this

Here
is
sample

will work. But this

Here
is
broken whitespace follows
sample

will not.

I always thought I shoulda become a lawyer. Now we have proof :-/

Andrew "RFC weenie" Sullivan

If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.
--Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA