BUG #2893: Non-standard theme explodes the installer.

From: "Ilya Kogan" <ikogan(at)cs(dot)ohiou(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2893: Non-standard theme explodes the installer.
Date: 2007-01-14 20:05:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2893
Logged by: Ilya Kogan
Email address: ikogan(at)cs(dot)ohiou(dot)edu
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.6
Operating system: Windows XP Pro SP-2
Details:

I was trying to install 8.1.6 via the MSI installer and would keep getting
"Could not get system metrics: 8" when trying to get past "Installation
Notes" screen. After reading a bit about GetSystemMetrics, I decided to
switch from my non-standard theme (Some msstyle downloaded from something
that was googled) to Windows Classic.

Surprisingly, the error went away and I was free to finish installing.

I also tried installing 8.2 previously and that went without a hitch.