Invalid Checksum in Control File

From: "Christopher Bland" <themanatuf(at)juno(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Invalid Checksum in Control File
Date: 2007-01-11 16:46:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

We recently had a system failure and needed to rebuild a server. Our
database is stored in a storage array and after the rebuild my service
fails with pglog reporting:

FATAL: incorrect checksum in control file

I've read that the control file is saved in pg_clog however I have not
been able to find out how to recover from this error. We're running FC6
and Postgres 8.1.4. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

FREE Reminder Service - NEW from AmericanGreetings.com
Click HERE and never forget a Birthday or Anniversary again!
http://track.juno.com/s/lc?s=197335&u=http://www.americangreetings.com/products/online_calendar.pd?c=uol5752