Re: Let's play bash the search engine

From: magnus(at)hagander(dot)net
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Matthew O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, "Shane Ambler" <pgsql(at)007Marketing(dot)com>, "Thomas H(dot)" <me(at)alternize(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Let's play bash the search engine
Date: 2006-12-20 12:55:49
Lists: pgsql-general

> > As for searching spceific mailinglists, you can do that from the
> > archives search page already. Perhaps it needs to be made more
> > accessible or something?
>
> Amazing. What I like the most about it is that it actually works.
> Great!

that actually worked on the old one as well. The only new thing there is that you can now select a group (Eg dev lists) and it will search in all lists in that group.

> I think it would be good to make it more prominent. Maybe have all the
> search forms integrated on a single page and put a link to it in the top
> menu, next to Support.

Maybe an 'advanced' link next to it? There should be room. Not likely there is room for both that and a dropdown of site sections though, so which is most important?

/magnus