Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Yoshiyuki Asaba <y-asaba(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file
Date: 2006-12-19 15:40:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 04:25:18PM +0100, Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD wrote:

> > Did you see this from Andreas?
> >
> > > MinGW has fseeko64 and ftello64 with off64_t.
> > >

> > Maybe we need separate macros for MSVC and MinGW. Given the other
>
> You mean something quick and dirty like this ? That would work.

Yes, except does that actually work? If so you found the place in the
headers to stick it without breaking things that I couldn't find ;-)

I got compile warnings (note, warnings, not errors, for some reason, but
very significant) about sending 64-bit ints to API functions that were
32-bits and such without creating a separate define for off_t. Could
very well be that I was too tired and too focused on the websearch stuff
when I tried it though :-)

//Magnus