Re: Switching to XML

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Switching to XML
Date: 2006-12-15 16:50:09
Lists: pgsql-docs

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Freitag, 15. Dezember 2006 03:45 schrieb Bruce Momjian:
> > I have applied the attached documentation patch to HEAD and 8.2.X to
> > document the use of Tom's patch to openjade to get ouput in a reasonable
> > amount of time.
>
> This is no longer accurate in 8.3. A workaround has been installed in the
> stylesheets to arrive at the same result.

OK, I have talked to Peter via IM and now understand that his change to
stylesheet.dsl avoids the bug Tom found and fixed, so instead of
mentioning the patch in the SGML docs, I added a comment in the
stylesheet.dsl file and pointed to the URL.

Also, the double-run of the PDF does not fix the index. Only a proper
bookindex.sgml does, that, so I removed the double runs and either Peter
or I will work on issuing a warning when the bookindex.sgml file isn't
proper, so people know to run it again.

Revert patch attached and applied to HEAD and 8.2.X.

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/diff text/x-diff 5.6 KB