Backup

From: "Eduardo J(dot) Ortega" <ejortegau(at)cable(dot)net(dot)co>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backup
Date: 2006-12-13 04:43:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi there:

Are there any nice (official or third party) backup utilities for postgres? I
have a database which is several GB, so pg_dumping it to file and then
bzipping2 every hour is not really the way to go. I've read a little about
using WAL for incremental backup, but it sounds a little complicated and
*very* user-error prone.

(Not sure if this is the right place for it, but i really think that PG's
developers should consider including a viable backup utility in the next
version)

thanks.

--
Eduardo J. Ortega - Linux user #222873
"No fake - I'm a big fan of konqueror, and I use it for everything." -- Linus

  • Re: Backup at 2006-12-13 07:39:18 from Shoaib Mir