BUG #2815: Editing / Creating ODBC on Windows fails libintl-2.dll not found

From: "mike godshall" <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2815: Editing / Creating ODBC on Windows fails libintl-2.dll not found
Date: 2006-12-07 06:31:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2815
Logged by: mike godshall
Email address: mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2
Operating system: Windows 2003 webserver edition
not found
Details:

I uninstalled 8.1.5 today and installed 8.2. I also had psqlodbc_08_01_0200
installed but did not manually uninstall that.

After upgrading to 8.2 I visited a web page that used ODBC to pull some data
on to it. The 2 queries worked (were based on views). I then continued on
to another page where a query went directly against a table. I received an
error that column ctid did not exist. I never had a column named that in
the table being queried.

I then went to start->control panel->admin tools->odbc connections. My
previous odbc connections I had set up from 08_01_0200 were still there.
Upon selecting one I received the error message "The application failed to
initialize because libintl-2.dll was not found." I completely uninstalled
postgres 8.2, uninstalled psqlodbc, and deleted the odbc connections from

Reinstalled 8.2 including the odbc options. I received the same errors
above upon trying to create a new odbc connection.

I have uninstalled the odbc included with 8.2 and reinstalled
psqlodbc_08_01_0200 by downloading the odbc msi. I can now create and edit
postgres odbc connections. My apps no longer are giving me the columns not
found either.