problem compiling pgadmin 1.6

From: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)infinito(dot)it>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem compiling pgadmin 1.6
Date: 2006-12-03 18:13:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi all,
I'm running kubuntu 6.0.6 LTS and I've installed the wxWidgets 2.8 as reported
from the pgadmin web site. After installing also the contrib package, I try
to config the compilation environment for pgadmin but I got:

checking wxWidgets in /usr/local... failed
configure: error: Your wxWidgets installation cannot support pgAdmin in the
selected configuration. This may be because it was configured without
the --enable-unicode option, or the combination of dynamic/static linking and
debug/non-debug libraries selected did not match any installed wxWidgets
libraries.

So I tried to re-compile the wxWidgets specifying a prefix directory, and then
passing it to the configure script with the --with-wx=prefix but the error is
the same above.

Any idea about what can I do to compile pgadmin?

Thanks,
Luca