Re: Authentication trick

From: Jan de Visser <jdevisser(at)digitalfairway(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "antongiulio05(at)gmail(dot)com" <antongiulio05(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Authentication trick
Date: 2006-12-01 14:17:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Friday 01 December 2006 9:56 am, antongiulio05(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> > > If you want dump/restore backup you will contact me - I'll enable new
> > > user-authentication based on new "unique-key-from-db" but will disable
> > > old key. You pay for one db not 2,3,..... one db:one license
> >
> > Good luck with that. Contacting *you* for permission to restore *my*
> > data? you may want to reconsider that plan.
>
> In software with license price many thousands of euros it's sad but
> frequent.

Well, all I'm saying is that if I pay 'thousands of euros' I'd like to be
treated with respect and trust, and not be at the whim of my supplier to
allow me to restore my database.

Oh yeah, you are going to respond to them on christmas day when their drive
crashed and they urgently need to fall back on a backup, right?

But it's your party :)

jan

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser(at)digitalfairway(dot)com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!