Re: [CORE] RC1 blocker issues

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] RC1 blocker issues
Date: 2006-11-26 04:23:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 03:58:41PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> source tree (not doc/ or contrib/) during the past month. Of these
> all but three either were or could have been applied to 8.1 as well,
> ie, they fixed problems that exist in 8.1 or before. The three actual

It strikes me that this sort of analysis might be a useful future
rule of thumb test for releases, given the buildfarm, no? At what
point does the reported-bug testing stop, by some overwhelming
margin, revealing new bugs? That's the proof that a release
candidate is reached.

Andrew "process high horse is about to throw me" Sullivan

A certain description of men are for getting out of debt, yet are
against all taxes for raising money to pay it off.
--Alexander Hamilton