Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...
Date: 2006-11-20 14:08:08
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 09:56:58PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > 1) Spammers can just register their own domain and set up SPF records
> > for that.
>
> An easy way to block spam ... I'd actually *like* that one ... as would most
> blacklists out there ...

You can't update your blacklist fast enough. When you register a
domain these days, it resolves on the Net inside 10 minutes. Better
still, if you're a registrar, if you delete the domain inside 5 days,
you _get your money back_. So you can set up as a registrar for
about $2500. You register domains, put in the SPF records, send your
spam, delete the domain, and your domain is gone before anyone's
blackhole list has even been touched. There _is_ a list of
"recently-registered domains" built by Rick Wesson, but its
resolution is only as good as one day (he can't get the data faster
than that).

A certain description of men are for getting out of debt, yet are
against all taxes for raising money to pay it off.
--Alexander Hamilton