Re: Proposal: syntax of operation with tsearch's configur

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Jeremy Drake" <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Oleg Bartunov" <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "Teodor Sigaev" <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Proposal: syntax of operation with tsearch's configur
Date: 2006-11-18 18:02:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Unfounded? pg_file_write() is in contrib, not core precisely because some considered it to be a possible risk (despite COPY being as dangerous) and wanted to make it a non-default option.

Personally I think a guc to disable it, COPY and other potentially dangerous utility functions would be preferrable but that's a whole other argument.

Regards, Dave