BUG #2764: Capital letter in tables or columns not supported

From: "Ron Teitelbaum" <ron(at)usmedrec(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2764: Capital letter in tables or columns not supported
Date: 2006-11-17 19:40:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2764
Logged by: Ron Teitelbaum
Email address: ron(at)usmedrec(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 1.4.1
Operating system: Windows
Details:

I ran into a very weird problem that tured out to be a capital letter in the
table name or column name. When trying to query a table with a capital
letter in the name I get error relation not defined.

I can get it to work with something like:
select * from "zipCodes"

It appears to be completely case insensitive if the table is all lowercase.

I get a simular problem with capital letters in column names. The error is
column not defined.

The table was created manually using PGAdmin.