Re: Table and Field namestyle best practices?

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: novnov <novnovice(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table and Field namestyle best practices?
Date: 2006-11-13 22:32:22
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 02:21:10PM -0800, novnov wrote:

> OK, thanks. I'm having a major internal debate about how I'm going to adjust
> my habits to pgsql's 'lowercase is simplest' reality, all of this is
> helpful.

Well, it's more like "no quoting is simplest", then all the identifiers
are case-insensetive and you don't have to worry much about upper and
lower case. You will read them back in lowercase though.

But to answer your question, unquoted identifiers can contain letters,
numbers and the underscore.

Have a nice day,