BUG #2751: contrib\pgxml.sql

From: "Dennis" <aiwa_azca(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2751: contrib\pgxml.sql
Date: 2006-11-10 09:22:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2751
Logged by: Dennis
Email address: aiwa_azca(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.5
Operating system: Gentoo 2006.1 server x86
Details:

contrib\pgxml.sql has reference to xml_is_well_formed function. Now, libxml2
library under linux does not have support for this function and if I try to
add xml support to PG server under linux by running the SQL script in binary
distribution (say Windows) I get an error such as:

ERROR: could not find function "xml_is_well_formed" in file
"/usr/lib/postgresql/pgxml.so"
SQL state: 42883

However, the source code (postgresql-8.1.5.tar.bz2) has correct
contrib\pgxml.sql and does not reference "xml_is_well_formed" function. This
has caused me many hours of grief; to help other people,
"xml_is_well_formed" either needs to be removed or something else has to be
done.

Thank you.