Re: Sugestion for PostgreSQ

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Marcio <marcio(at)oracullos(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sugestion for PostgreSQ
Date: 2006-11-08 01:16:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 09:50:01 -0200,
Marcio <marcio(at)oracullos(dot)com(dot)br> wrote:
> I have a sugestion for pgsql 8.2 or next versions ...
> Is complicated encrypt the procedures/functions on Database like Oracle or
> similar?
> I sugest this because we develop ERP/MRP with complex routines and we like
> hide all of this routines...this is our "business secret".
> I know if we write this code in C, for example....is possible to hide. But,
> we prefer pl/pgsql native.
> Thank´s,

One solution is to run the database and the application that connects to
it on a machine your business controls and only allow customers to connect
to the application (and not directly to the database).

Another is to have a contract that limits what your customers can do with
the information gained from seeing your propietary code.