calling java stored functions through jdbc gives errors.

From: Alex Stienstra <alex(dot)stienstra(at)zonnet(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: calling java stored functions through jdbc gives errors.
Date: 2006-11-02 07:54:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

The following simple query I send to the server using JDBC:

"SELECT uw_ping()"

When the stored function uw_ping() is written in 'plpgsql' everything
works fine. But when the uw_ping() is written in java and linked in
using PL/java it gives the following error message:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occured while sending
to the backend.

Executing the same query using pgadmin III gives no problems. Anyone
any idea what the problem is?

Best regards,

Alex Stienstra.