Add calculated fields from one table to other table

From: roopa perumalraja <roopabenzer(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Add calculated fields from one table to other table
Date: 2006-10-26 01:07:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi

I have two tables. Tick table has fields like ticker, time, price & volume and Timeseries table has fields like ticker, time, avg_price, avg_volume.

The time field in Timeseries table is different from time in tick table, its the timeseries for every minute. Now I want to calculate the average price & volume from tick table for each ticker and for every minute and add those fields to timeseries table. Can anyone please help me out with the sql query.

Note: The ticker in the tick table also has duplicate values, so i am not able to create relation between two tables.

Thanks in advance
Roopa