uuid c function contrib

From: Ron Peterson <ron(dot)peterson(at)yellowbank(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: uuid c function contrib
Date: 2006-10-17 19:25:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've written some PostgreSQL C functions which expose the functionality
of Theodore Ts'o's UUID library. I need to add a few sanity clauses
here and there, but working (mostly) code can be found here:

http://www.yellowbank.com/code/PostgreSQL/uuid/

I have one problem. My y_uuid_time function works on my laptop
(Kubuntu/Dapper), but not on another box (Debian Sarge). PostgreSQL
8.1.4 in both cases.

When it works, it looks like this:

rpeterso=# select y_uuid_time( y_uuid_generate_time() );
y_uuid_time
---------------------
2006-10-17 14:29:34

When it doesn't, it looks like this:

rpeterso=# select y_uuid_time( y_uuid_generate_time() );
before or while processing the request.
!>

I've been staring at my array bounds so hard it's giving me headache.
If anyone can identify what might be wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Best.

--
Ron Peterson
https://www.yellowbank.com/