Re: postgres database crashed

From: Ashish Goel <postgres_help(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres database crashed
Date: 2006-10-15 15:56:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

But the same code worked when I inserted around 2500 images in the database. After that it started crashing. So , I don't think it's because of error in the code. Can u suggest some other possible reasons and also why is it crashing at call to memcpy(). I have also checked the memory allocations , and i don't find problem there.

Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote: Ashish Goel
writes:
> We have a following table xyz( id int , fname varchar(50), img image)
> where image is a data type we have created similar to lo.
> Can somebody suggest us what might be the cause of error and what can we do to resolve it ?

Incorrect code in your custom datatype, almost certainly. Check
computations of memory size allocations, for example. Test it in
a backend compiled with --enable-cassert.

regards, tom lane