Re: STABLE functions

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: STABLE functions
Date: 2006-10-12 15:05:36
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 10:34:30AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> catalogs. I can only recall people ever asking for this feature in
> connection with the user/group catalogs, so covering those might be
> enough in practice; that'd certainly be lots less invasive than trying
> to make it work everywhere.

The Slony-I project has heard a lot of agitating for automatic
support of DDL. As near as I can tell, that either requires triggers
on system catalogs or else triggers on statements like CREATE TABLE,
ALTER TABLE, &c.

A certain description of men are for getting out of debt, yet are
against all taxes for raising money to pay it off.
--Alexander Hamilton