Re: Windows build farm failures

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows build farm failures
Date: 2006-09-25 10:57:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 08:54:35PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Snake and Bandicoot are still hanging in ECPG-Check at the moment.
> Killing the dt_test.exe program that the regression tests seem to be
> running frees it all up to properly report the failure. I don't have
> time to investigate further at the minute, but for anyone that does,
> Bandicoot's last run was completed only by killing dt_test.exe, whereas
> Snakes was a little more random :-)

I just had a look at the reports and it seems we have several things
going on:

1) libpq gives additional information when not able to connect:
could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
instead of just:
could not connect to server: Connection refused

Any idea?

2) Printf "%g" with a double high enough for an exponential output gives
a difference in the exponent. This is due to Windows using three
digits while the Unixes use just two, e.g. e+027 instead of e+27.

This double stuff creates so many headaches that I wonder if we
better not test it at all in the regression suite. Comments?

3) dt_test had to be killed. Judging from the logs it seems the program
hang in either PGTYPESdate_from_asc() or PGTYPEStimestamp_from_asc().
Could someone with a Windows/PostgreSQL setup run this test with
debugging symbols and tell me where it hangs? It looks like an
endless loop to me, but apparently nothing happens on other archs.

4) snake even stopped building the regression suite:
testing sql/indicators.pgc ... make[1]: *** [check] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build-farm/HEAD/pgsql.4896/src/interfaces/ecpg/test'
make: *** [check] Error 2

Was this killed manually too? Or did it stop on its own? I'm
surprised there is no output explaning why it stops.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org