Re: pg_upgrade: downgradebility

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade: downgradebility
Date: 2006-09-20 18:49:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zdenek, Andrew,

Overall, I'd tend to say that downgradability should be for a v2 version of
the tool. It's simply not as important. For one thing, there's always
reverting-to-backup.

However, we *do* need to be able to halt the upgrade and reverse it if it
starts erroring out. So that might end up being the same code.

Supposedly someone from EnterpriseDB is working on this as well; where are
you?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus